How to get rid of acne
How to get rid of acne: Most of the mornings seeing your face first thing in the mirror is not a good experience and something that most people try to avoid when they have acne problems. These the chronic diseases that are characterized by pimples, blackheads and whiteheads et cetera. People with oily and sensitive skin tend to face this problem more and thus they get frustrated a lot. Sometimes these marks and pimples in the skin also lowers some people self-esteem and their societal involvement.
There are so many medications that are available in the market but nothing works better on skin when compared to nature’s treatments. Nature has solution to so many problems and the home remedies can be instantly prepared without any cost involved, simply with the use of natural ingredients that are available in our households.
In this article you will get to know all the minute details regarding the occurrence, treatment and causes of acne on the skin, so before discussing about how to get rid of acne let us first see what are causes of it and how acne affects the normal to sensitive skin.
There are several reasons as to why breakouts occur, but that has almost nothing to do with your skin care routine. The factors that contribute to the occurrence of these breakouts are:
- Overactive Sebaceous Glands: Sebum is the natural oil content in the skin, the sebaceous glands help produce these natural oil content in the skin, when sebum is produced in large amount then it results in the occurrence of breakouts.
Extra Sebum remains in the skin and it blocks the pores, thus blocking the sebaceous duct which results in the blockage of hair follicle, and these blockages are called as comedo. Comedo is what lays the foundation for the development of acne blemishes on the skin, from tiniest blackheads to largest pimples.
The people mostly effected with acne tend to have higher level of squalene and wax esters and lower levels of free fatty acids and linoleic acid in their sebum, when compared to those people without breakouts. Thus, forming the proper environment for the growth of breakouts causing bacteria.
- Rapid Shedding of Skin Cells: Our skin is made up of so many cells and they always keep on shedding as soon as the new skin cells push the dead skin cells on the topmost layer. Our epidermis is nothing but what is called skin and it is very thick. The shedding of the topmost layer of the epidermis is the natural process by which the skin exfoliates and renews itself.
This process continues on the whole body and not just skin, but in the case of the people who are affected by acne, the production of these dead skin cells is doubled or tripled up and the shedding process does not work properly and the dead skin cells gets stuck inside those pores which is what causes the breakouts to occur.
- Increased Bacterial Growth: Along with dirt, pollution and other environmental factors that affect the skin and cause breakouts, bacteria can also be one of the reasons of the occurrence of acne and breakouts on the skin.
The main reason behind the growth of these bacteria’s inside get rid of acne the skin pores is the favorable conditions that help advance the growth of bacteria causing acne in the skin. The dead skin cells and oil within the pores create an anaerobic environment that favor the growth of these bacteria in the skin pores. Although it does not have anything to do with you cleansing your face, but people tend to take it that way. This is specifically the case for Propionibacteria acne’s case.
So, there are many reasons of occurrence of acne on the skin and also there are various types of acne that affect the skin, these are:
These are the basic and common types of acne blemishes that occur on the skin and they can be classified in two categories specifically: Inflammatory and Non-Inflammatory.
Inflammatory acne: These are types of acne that cause inflammation or pain in the skin. These the serious type of acne on the skin and might also result in scarring. The red, swollen and inflamed are the breakouts that are a result of inflammatory acne.
Some of the them include: Pimples, Pustules, cysts and nodules. Let us a detailed view on each of them and how they occur.
- Papules: These are one of the acne blemishes that occur on the skin, they mostly occur under the skin’s surface and appear to be solid, raised and pink and the skin surrounding papules is mostly swollen and red in appearance. These papules occur when the blackheads and whiteheads damage the surrounding skin that leads to inflammation.
- Pimples: Pimples are very common in teenagers and most of the young people these days, it is a large bump on the skin that consists of whitish or yellowish pus and appears to be pink and red in the base. How to get rid of acne It is basically is a whitehead that is way larger and more inflamed.
- Nodules: These the hard-painful bump that are located deep within the skin and they look larger than the papules. These mostly occur when the clogged skin pores damage the tissue and cells deep beneath the skin’s surface. These are the serious forms of the skin blemishes and can cause dark spots and scarring on the skin.
- Cysts: These are comparatively very large soft and painful red or maybe white lumps that are located deep in the skin and they are filled with pus. Theses are very serious types of skin blemishes and can cause skin scarring as well.
Non-Inflammatory Acne: These are the minor forms of acne and they do not cause any swelling or any pain in the skin. The most common type of these are whiteheads and blackheads.
- Whiteheads: These acne blemishes are small and might appear to be white or flesh colored spots or bumps. These white heads do not swell neither do they cause any pain in the skin, they usually have white circular center. The skin might look wrinkled when these whiteheads occur on the face, especially in the case where these whiteheads are large and are raised. The positive side to it is that these white heads do not cause any scarring on get rid of acne your skin.
- Blackheads: These are very small, black dots that might appear as slightly raised bumps on the skin, these are similar to whiteheads as they do not cause any swelling or pain in the surrounding area. The blackheads do not appear black due to dirt or dust in the pores, they appear black because of exposure of the contents of whiteheads to the air.
These are some of the acne blemishes that usually occur in our skin and there are so many medications available in the market that help cure these acne blemishes but everything that is chemically prepared has several disadvantages and side effects and that is the reason why people prefer to switch to organic essential oils and products to treat these acne blemishes on the skin.
These have been various discussions get rid of acne regarding what harmful chemically induced products are we using regularly that has resulted in the occurrence of these acne blemishes, so before discussing about the different ways to naturally heal these acne blemishes, we must take a look at the bad products that result in them.
- Pore clogging Skin care Products: Some of the ingredients How to get rid of acne tend to clog your skin pores, some of which are mineral oils and silicon that when available in the skin-care products tend to clog your pores resulting in breakouts on the skin.
- Over Application of medicines: Over application of salicylic acid and benzoyl on your skin is very dangerous as it might result in drying out your skin, that results in the production of excess oil in the skin causing it to produce more blemishes. These might also result in burning the skin surrounding these acnes and they might also make the skin surrounding these acne blemishes to become redder and harder.
- Consumption od spicy food: Spicy food is not good for people, they often contain acidic lycopene that can irritate some people. Tomatoes and pepper mostly contain these and these acidic substances tend to throw off pH levels and they trigger breakouts. But not just that some people have problems with dairy products also such as bread, milk or other type pf dairy products.
- Damage causing hair products: The hair care products that are available in the market, they contain sulphates, heavy moisturizer and silicones that can go deep inside your get rid of How to get rid of acne acne skin and clog pores that result in breakouts in your chest, back and along your hairline.
- Scrubbing skin too hard: There is this misconception that the more you scrub your face the more dirt and dust you will remove out of the skin pores, but it does not work like that. If you scrub your face that already consists of acne then you are scrubbing in the bacteria that can spread in the skin and result in breakouts. It only makes the situation worse.
- Due to Smoking: So apparently every time you lit up a cigarette and smoke you are not only killing yourself but also your skin. It reduces the amount of oxygen to your face, and also breaks down collagen in the skin that ultimately results in the formation of wrinkles on the skin and increased size of the pores. Smoke also irritates the skin and dries it out, thus as a result the oil production in the skin increases and results in the occurrence of breakouts.
- Trying to break pimples: Some tend to become doctor themselves and try to break their pimples, but it is not a good idea and it might result in the formation od red spots and scar on the get rid of acne skin. Also, when you try to pull it out the puss in those pimples might go deep inside the skin and might even result in the spread of pimple causing bacteria on the face and skin. Thus, try to avoid becoming doctor yourself.
- Stress can be a cause: If you are stressed up you will have acne and when you have acne you will again take tension and you will become stressed, so this basically is a circle that continues and repeats again and again. So, what really happens when you are stressed is that your body produces some hormones like cortisol that stimulate the production of oil that ultimately clogs the skin pores. Thus, acne keeps on increasing in your skin.
- Not cleaning up properly after working out: When you work out your body sweats and you might also get some dirt and dust on your face. Not showering properly after working out might result in the dirt, dust and bacteria to mix up with How to get rid of acne sweat and get clogged inside the skin pores. And these conditions ultimately result in breakouts.
- You are using a bad detergent: Some chemical detergents have very bad impact on the body and they are simply too harsh on the body. If the clothes are not washed properly they can cause reaction on the How to get rid of acne of acne skin resulting in breakouts in the back, butt, chest etc. Harsh detergents might dangerously harm your body and they might also result in some other serious chronic disease or infection.
Now since we know what and how things can cause harm to our bodies and result in the formation of acne on the face, it is time to look at some of the home remedies and organic products and essential oils that can help cure acne naturally, without causing any side-effects on the body.
- Application of Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera gel is universally known to have moisturizing powers and is added in various lotions, creams and ointments to treat rashes, burns and other skin conditions. How to get rid of acne Aloe Vera gel is used to heal the wounds and treat burns and fight skin conditions. Aloe Vera is rich in moisturizing power and contains salicylic acid and sulfur which are used to treat acne. Application of Aloe Vera gel on has proven to be effective in the treatment of acne blemishes on the skin.
How to use:
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly on your skin as a moisturizer.
- Repeat the gel twice or thrice as desired.
- Green Tea Treatment: Green tea has been in the good books recently and has many health as well as skin benefits, it is high in antioxidants and drinking green tea can promote good health. The flavonoids and tannins present in green tea helps fight bacteria and reduce the effects of inflammation caused on the skin. These properties are known to help fight bacteria and reduce inflammation on the skin, which are the major reasons behind occurrence of acne. Major anti-oxidant present in green tea called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) has shown to reduce sebum production on the skin that fights conditions of inflammation and stops the growth of bacteria.
How to use:
- Boil green tea for 3-5 minutes in the pan.
- Let the tea cool down.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the green tea to your skin or you can pour the green tea in a spray bottle.
- Allow the green tea to dry then rinse with water and pat it dry with a towel.
- Treat every spot with Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is an essential oil that is extracted from the leaves of an organic plant named Melaleuca alternifolia. This oil is very well known for its ability to fight bacteria and reduce skin inflammations and that ultimately help in the reduction of acne on the skin.
Since this is an essential oil, it is always advised to mix the oil with a carrier oil, before application on the skin.
How to use:
- Mix few drops of tea tree oil with some parts of water.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply kit on the How to get rid of acne affected areas of the skin.
- Apply moisturizer if required.
- Repeat the process twice-thrice a day as per the requirements.
- Honey and Cinnamon Masks: Both Honey and Cinnamon are good source of antioxidants and they work more efficiently in healing the acne prone skin than benzoyl peroxide and retinoids. These are the two common medications for skin that have anti-bacterial properties. The mask that is prepared by the paste of honey and cinnamon has the capability to reduce inflammation on the skin and treat the acne prone skin.
How to use:
- Mix two tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and make a paste.
- Cleanse your face properly before applying the paste onto your face.
- Leave the mask on your face for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
Pat dry your skin with a damp cloth.